What is the Alzheimer's Respite Program?
Alzheimer's Respite is a unique, home care program available to residents of Ashland, Crawford, Huron, Knox, Marion, Morrow, Richland, Seneca and Wyandot counties through the Area Agency on Aging.
Alzheimer's Respite provides an opportunity for a person to remain in his/her home and receive needed services that support the care recipient and his/her caregiver.
Eligibility is determined through a screening and assessment process. Clients receive assistance setting up needed services and ongoing care management by a Licensed Social Worker.
There are no charges for screening, assessment, care management or home care services, but clients are offered the opportunity to contribute to the program's support so more older persons and their caregivers can be served.
Alzheimer's Respite Eligibility Criteria:
- Presence of Alzheimer's disease or a related disorder.
- Live in a non-institutional setting in Ashland, Crawford, Huron, Knox, Marion, Morrow, Richland, Seneca or Wyandot County (no age restriction).
- Need respite service.
Special priority is given to applicants who have the highest level of impairment or have the lowest income.
For further information, call the Area Agency on Aging's Screening Unit at: (419) 524-4144 or (800) 860-5799.
Alzheimer's Respite Services
- Adult Day Service is an out of home program of structured activities in a group setting. Transportation (if necessary) can be provided.
- Education including individual or group training, assistance and support for caregivers.
- In-Home Respite Care includes assistance with personal care (bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting) and homemaking tasks.