The Kinship Permanency Incentive (KPI) program was created to support children in the homes of family or friends who have committed to caring for them when birth parents cannot. KPI provides time-limited incentive payments to families caring for their kin.
For more information, call your local Job and Family Services as listed below:
- Ashland County - Carrie Riley: 419-282-5087
- Crawford County - Erika Fuson: 419-563-1570, ext. 236
- Huron County - Lisa Albright: 419-663-5437, ext. 3451
- Knox County - Renee Gilbert: 740-399-3021
- Marion County - Dan Downes: 740-386-0421
- Morrow County - Kayla Troiano: 419-949-2630
- Richland County - Brianne Kindinger or Rhonda Marsh: 419-774-4100
- Seneca County - Angela Hossler: 419-447-5011, ext. 319
- Wyandot County - Becky Greene: 419-294-4977, ext. 257
Catalyst Life Services: Child and Adolescent Mental Health and Crisis Services provides comprehensive mental health services for children, adolescents and their families such as:
Crisis services, including a 24/7 Emergency helpline: 419-522-HELP (4357).
Triple P: Postive Parenting Program, which gives grandparents and other caregivers of children the tools to help manage their child's behavior with confidence, prevent problems from developing and build strong healthy relationships. For more information, call (419) 774-6866.
Out-Patient Services, including:
- Assessment and treatment planning
- Individual, group, family, home-based, school, and play and art counseling
- Psychiatric and nursing services
- Daily living, educational and community support.
FamilyCare America is an emerging authority on how the aging of America and the caregiving phenomenon will impact businesses.
Hospice of North Central Ohio (HNCO) provides care and comfort for those dealing with chronic and terminal illnesses, or journeying through the grief process.
HNCO also offers a bereavement camp for children ages 6-17, Camp Hope. Camp Hope helps children and teens through the grief process through:
- small group discussions and age appropriate activities
- team-building challenges
- arts and crafts
- time to just play games and have fun horseback riding, canoeing, and ziplining
- interaction with pets
- archery and splat ball
- a climbing tower.