The Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging, Inc. provides FREE wellness programs to older adults and caregivers across our service area. For more information or to schedule a class in your community, contact Megan at (567) 247-6503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steady U: A Matter of Balance
A Matter of Balance is a free, eight-week workshop that will teach you how to prevent falls by making simple changes to your health, home, and habits and help build your confidence in your ability to manage falls. Click here for more information.
Healthy U: Chronic Disease
Healthy U: Chronic Disease is a free, six-week workshop for adults with chronic conditions and family caregivers. This course will teach you many strategies including how to:
- manage pain and symptoms
- communicate with your healthcare team
- develop a healthy meal plan and understand food labels
- make decisions and set goals.
Click here for more information.
Healthy U: Diabetes
Healthy U: Diabetes is a free, six-week workshop that provides an in-depth look at diabetes and teaches us the skills needed to manage it such as:
- understanding and managing blood sugar levels
- developing a healthy meal plan and understanding food labels
- healthy problem-solving and communication techniques.
Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP)
The Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP) is a free, six-week workshop that teaches diabetes management through a hands on, interactive approach. DEEP uses tools such as:
- interactive visuals to understand blood sugar levels
- activities to develop skills to decrease risks of complication
- tips to improve eating habits and increase physical activity.
Current and Upcoming Classes
Matter of Balance Classes
Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging, Inc.
- Address: 2131 Park Avenue West, Suite 300, Ontario, Ohio 44906
- Dates: Mondays from June 4 - 25 to July 2 - 30
- Time: 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
- Contact: (567) 247-6503