Functions and Responsibilities
- INFORMATION AND REFERRAL services are available to all individuals in Planning and Service Area 5 (PSA5), call (419) 524-4144 or (800) 860-5799.
- SUPPORTIVE AND IN-HOME SERVICES available in PSA5 include, but are not limited to personal care, homemaker, home delivered meals, congregate meals, chore, transportation, adult day care, and legal counseling. Services and programs are focused primarily to the 60+ population, unless otherwise indicated.
- TRAINING is offered for consumers, providers of services and professionals in the field of aging. These trainings allow participants to gain a knowledge of the long-term care system and also further develop their professional skills.
- HOUSING AND SERVICE DEVELOPMENT provides information on energy related services, alternative housing options, and assists in the development of optional housing alternatives.
- SERVICES AND PROGRAMS are funded by local, state and federal dollars, and the provision from the Older Americans Act for voluntary contributions for services.
- To develop a comprehensive and coordinated service system for older individuals residing in Ashland, Crawford, Huron, Knox, Marion, Morrow, Richland, Seneca and Wyandot counties.
- To determine the need for service, with special attention given to the needs of the low income and isolated elderly.
- To ensure availability of a variety of services and provide technical assistance, monitoring and evaluation of services provided.
- To assist in securing and maintaining maximum independence and dignity in a home environment for the older individual.
- To provide advocacy on behalf of the older individual.
For Further Information Call
(419) 524-4144 OR (800) 860-5799
Send us an E-mail by clicking here.