Each year, the Area Agency on Aging is proud to offer a scholarship program to students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree that would benefit the field of aging. Scholarships are made possible through revenue from sponsors from the Area Agency on Aging Annual Meeting.
Call Teresa Cook at 567-247-6465 for more information.
Deadline for Application
March 1, 2019
- Applicant must be a high school graduate prior to application deadline;
- Applicant must have graduated from a High School located in one of the following Counties:
Ashland, Crawford, Huron, Knox, Marion, Morrow, Richland, Seneca or Wyandot;
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited College or Institution of Higher Learning;
- Applicant must be enrolled in one of the following courses of study: Nursing, Social Work,
Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics or
- Applicant must have at least a sophomore status at the beginning of the 2019/2020
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.00 GPA or equivalent in alternative grading system;
- Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging, Inc. employees and their family members are eligible
- Past recipients of the Grant & Scholarships programs are not eligible to apply;
- Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging, Inc. Board of Trustees members are not eligible to
receive the scholarship.
The Board of Trustees Scholarship Selection Committee will review all applications and make a
recommendation to the full Board of Trustees for the scholarship award recipient. An interview
may be requested by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
Notification & Scholarship Award
- Winner(s) will be notified by June 1, 2019.
- Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the student after the 1st completed semester
following the notification.
Applications have now closed. Thank you to all who applied!